What is the purpose of this site?
A. I want to introduce generous people with a heart to give and support God's work to small, worthy missions and ministries, which do not have the resources or skills nor the contacts to raise the support and help they need to do the work they are called to do.
Gradually God has given me some insights and discernment as I've studied His principles, and learned to give carefully out of what I have and to draw more resources from Him. I'm still far from giving on the scale I dream about, but I feel it is time to reach out to others like me in this regard.
So this site is about learning to give - wisely (researching carefully), effectively (ensuring that good things result) - and with that exhilarating joy that is hard to describe.
How do you plan to accomplish that with this site?
There is a Books and Gifts section. Whenever I come across a good book on giving, or one that would make a great gift, and other gift ideas I'll put them into our Amazon store, and some other shopping links. Often the best gift is money, but it is also a great perk for givers to choose a gift for someone that is just perfect for that person.
For that matter, one of the first lessons I learned was to look at what I had and what I could make and give out of those resources while I practiced good giving habits and methods. So, as I can, I'll toss some giving ideas in the Ideas Basket you can use if you have more generosity than resources.
We have a blogs section where my friend, the Global Nomad, keeps us posted on his discoveries and finds in various countries and places. He has quite the natural skill for meeting people, discovering what they are doing, and their need, and then introducing them to someone else whom they can help, or who might help them. When I can, I'll post my own thoughts and views as I learn to be a better Principled Giver.
The articles on giving - and sometimes on receiving, come from my devotional studies on giving in the Bible and should be your regular stop if you are on your way to becoming a generous giver too.
True Givers is where I want to put reports and interviews or biographies of great givers from whom we can learn. (The best givers are often too demure to talk about it).
Got funds and resources and don't know where to give? Check out the worthy causes and individuals on this site. I'll add more profiles as I'm able.
Who is the legal owner of this site, and responsible for it?
A. The site is being built and maintained, by myself, Ruth Marlene Friesen, of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, with input from a friend known as the Global Nomad, based in Europe.
How do we get a Profile done for our small mission or initiative?
What do you believe doctrinely?
I Believe in...
1. The one true God who lives eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God, fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The incarnation of God's eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; His ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10. The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers, given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11. The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
What if I have other questions? More specifically about giving for instance?
A. Your questions are welcome. You can Reach me through a secure web-form. If your question is one that others might want to know as well, I'll add it here.
Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth Marlene Friesen
Your HostessJoin RiseNetwork free now; use internal link to join UnBox free! Ask me about Gift Cards (discounts) for products there.